Is My Hoverboard Charger Broken?
Is your hoverboard charger broken? A lot of people have been bringing their hoverboards into our Las Vegas hoverboard store asking us if their hoverboard charger is broken. We decided to make this guide to help people online determine this as well.
How To Test if Your Hoverboard Charger is Broken
To find out if your hoverboard charger is broken, perform the following test:
- Plug the hoverboard in.
- Ensure that there is a red light on your hoverboard charger when it is plugged in.
- If there is a red light, skip to step #7.
- If there is no light, and your hoverboard charger is equipped with one, then either your hoverboard charger is broken or your electrical socket is not getting power.
- Test the electrical outlet with another device you are certain is working, such as your cell phone charging cable.
- If the electrical socket is working properly, then you need a new charger.
- Charge your hoverboard for 2-3 hours. This should give you a full battery.
- After 2-3 hours of charging, unplug the charger from the hoverboard and press the on/off button once to turn it on.
- If the hoverboard does not turn on at all, this could indicate a wiring problem. If it turns on, go to the next step.
- If both lights on top of your hoverboard are green, the battery has some sort of charge. If a green light is blinking then this means that your hoverboard battery has a low charge, typically less than 20%. If a red light appears and the hoverboard is beeping at you, it means that your hoverboard battery is dangerously low, and typically has less than 5% battery remaining. Do not ride a hoverboard with a red light, especially when it is beeping!
- If both lights are green, try riding your hoverboard around. If the hoverboard does not last very long, then your hoverboard charger could be the problem. It could also be the battery.
If your hoverboard charger is broken, its no big deal. We have a bunch of them in stock and guarantee that they won't break on your since all of our products have a warranty.