- View All
- 10-Inch Hoverboards with Bluetooth for Sale by StreetSaw™
- 6.5-Inch Hoverboards with Bluetooth for Sale by StreetSaw™
- 8-Inch Hoverboards with Bluetooth for Sale by StreetSaw™
- Adult Hoverboards
- Best Hoverboard 2018
- Black Hoverboard
- Blue Hoverboard
- Cheap Hoverboards
- Hoverboard Accessories for Sale by StreetSaw™
- Hoverboard Repair Services
- Hoverboard Replacement Parts for Sale by StreetSaw™
- Hoverboards for Under $100 + FREE Hoverboard Contest
- Kids Hoverboards
- Off-Road Hoverboards
- Pink Hoverboard
- Red Hoverboard
- Replacement Hoverboard Wheels, Tires, & Motors
- Safest Hoverboards & Self Balancing Electric Scooters - StreetSaw™
- Street Use Hoverboards
- UL2272 Hoverboard
- White Hoverboard
You’ve heard about the hoverboard for adults, right?
You’re secretly interested and who can blame you? The high tech, futuristic nature of the hoverboard naturally lends itself to intrigue.
But honestly - is this cool and hip gadget really for you?
Not only are you an adult with adult responsibilities but you don’t think you have the capacity to even figure this thing out.
That may sound a lot like your story but I have encouraging news.
The hoverboard is right up your ally and it’s a piece of cake once you get the hang of it. Not only is it incredibly fun but it has the potential to simplify your life in boundless ways.
This guide will give you all the dirty details.
What we’ll cover:
- Are Hoverboards Really Adult Friendly?
- Top Reasons To Get Into Hoverboarding As An Adult
- Knowing Your Hoverboard Etiquette
- Beginner Hoverboard Mistakes To Avoid
- Finding The Right Hoverboard For You
- The Top StreetSaw Hoverboards For Adults
Let’s dive in.
Are Hoverboards Adult Friendly?
You may think that hoverboards and adults can’t possibly be a perfect match.
But in reality, they have been an absolute craze for both adults and kids alike. While for a child, it may be considered a plaything, for adults it can be anything from a stress reliever to a mode of personal transport.
The reason why the hoverboard is every bit as enticing to adults as it is to children, is that it doesn’t have a high learning curve.
No special skills needed and no super athletic prowess warranted. You can just get on and glide away with ease.
Of course, some practice is useful and will even enhance the riding experience but the impressive technology that governs the hoverboard takes care of the hard work.
Top 6 Reasons To Get Into Hoverboarding As An Adult
Why should you get a hoverboard? For fun and leisure? To get around without the exorbitant transportation costs?
Everybody’s interest in the smart board may be grounded in different perceived benefits.
But the bottom line is:
It facilitates so many different activities, both productive and leisurely.
Here are the top reasons adults may want to get into hoverboarding:
- To save money
When the hoverboard just popped up on the scene, saving money wasn’t necessarily the first agenda on people’s minds.
Convenience, moving from place to place, and pure merry-making was more the order of the day.
But as more people began to jump on the hoverboard train, it shed an intriguing light on just how economical it is to own one of these bad boys.
Think about this:
Traditional modes of transport, like cars and even motorcycles, have huge maintenance costs attached to them.
In addition to the cost of acquiring these vehicles, which often times require a loan, fueling them, as well as footing bills for repairs and maintenance, can be quite a burden.
And for the average person, it is a load that their wallets and their morale don’t stand a chance against.
What the hoverboard has done, is to provide an alternative that is not only cost effective but durable. Even if you don’t own a vehicle that carries these costs, public transportation fares can rack up pretty high.
Purchase a hoverboard once and that is the only cost.
The perks where savings are concerned speak for themselves:
- No maintenance
- No recurring fees
- No monthly insurance bills
- No parts to be changed
- No storage spaces to construct
- No joke!
The undeniable conclusion? No other personal transportation device on the market gives that much convenience at such little cost.
- Eliminate the inconvenience of traditional transport
The hefty costs of traditional transport are one pain, the inconvenience is another.
A hoverboard will not only chip away at these ridiculous costs but on the many hassles that come with being out and about.
What makes it so useful?
- It’s portability - The hoverboard is so light and compact that it can easily be carried around in a backpack to be used while on the go. For this reason, It eliminates the need to walk or trod in a traffic heavy scenario. The result? Travel time is reduced and productivity goes sky high.
- It’s small and compact size - As a tiny device, the hoverboard can fit in practically any small space. Within the confines of your home, your work, hallways, corridors - it’s all no feat for the hoverboard. And even better? You can accomplish all this with maximum comfort.
- It’s revolutionary technology - Beyond the minute size, the way that the hoverboard works makes it possible to navigate all sorts of spaces and corners. The pirouette ability allows you to use your body to control the wheels in a way that gives great movability.
- Crank Away Some Calories
Any device that entices you to be physical is a god send.
There are many people who live stagnant lives.
And they don’t notice the harmful effects until their inactivity sends them to the emergency room.
What the hoverboard does is to provide a fun incentive to get up and go.
A thirty minute session on the hoverboard has been found to be equivalent to a regular workout session. Keeping these movements consistent will have great benefits for maintaining your weight, burning calories, and improving lung capacity and fitness.
A pro tip? Opt for a hoverboard with bluetooth so you can tune in to some of your favorite jams. Upbeat music can get you fired up to move more and burn more calories.
But there’s more…
Despite being described as a self-balancing board, you still have to use your body to maintain a level of coordination and balance. These movements go a long way to chip away at your core to sculpt a firmer, stronger, and younger looking torso.
If you take the time to explore the hoverboard and it’s uses, the health benefits would simply jump out at you.
Beyond it being an effective form of exercise, it is also notably healthier for the environment than any other automobile.
As it’s battery operated and rechargeable, you can expect zero emission of toxic gases into the atmosphere. The result is that the air that you breathe remains pure and overall public health is protected.
- Bond with your children
There’s no better family activity than hoverboard riding.
At times, it can be quite cumbersome to find an activity that every member of the family can enjoy.
After all, children and adults almost always have entirely different interests.
Not this time.
The hoverboard is no doubt universally fun.
Children love it. Adults love it. Even your pets will be intrigued by it.
So if you’re looking for a way for the whole family to bond and have a good time, this is an excellent choice.
There are hoverboards to fit every style and personality. Everyone can have their pick from:
There are also a range of features that you can choose from including:
- Off road capability
- LED lights
- Balance indicators
- Speed sensors
- Power status indicators
- Remote to control direction
The options abound. You can’t go wrong either direction that you go.
- Get An Escape
Don’t you wish you can just check out of the humdrum of life every once in awhile?
To enjoy some much needed rest and relaxation?
Relieve all the stress so you can rejuvenate and start afresh?
Most people who work a 9-5 dream of fancy vacations. We desperately work towards that one - or two weeks at most - where we get to be completely free.
But what if I told you that you can take a mini vacation, every single day, for several minutes?
Because that’s the opportunity of the hoverboard.
Don’t get me wrong, nothing beats bathing in Caribbean seas or chasing European sunsets.
But if you’re bogged down by stress in your day-to-day, a daily escape can go a long way to keep your spirits up. The hoverboard for adults is particularly therapeutic and it’s way cheaper than that coveted overseas vacation.
Getaways no longer have to be a once-a-year event when you own a hoverboard, it can be every single day.
- Challenge Yourself
Have you ever said to yourself “I wish I knew how to do x?”
Most of us have that desire to pick up new skills and acquire new knowledge. That desire stems from knowing the sheer satisfaction that it would have and the resulting impact on our lives.
Beyond the benefits, you know that when you do accomplish your goal, the accompanying feeling is downright euphoric.
Learning a new skill - and science backs this up - is one of the most rewarding things you can do.
While hoverboard riding is quite simple to master, it can take some getting use to. It requires smart body movements, near perfect coordination, and a decent level of fitness to really amplify the experience.
Once you do get to that point, it’s smooth sailing from there and these feel-good emotions that often come with accomplishment will flood your mind and body.
So, are you up to the challenge? Refine your hoverboard riding skills and skyrocket your fitness.
You’ll be riding on cloud nine in no time.
Knowing Your Hoverboard Etiquette
What people should or shouldn’t do on their hoverboards have been a source of ceaseless debate.
Since hoverboards are legally a form of transportation, there are some things that are a complete no-no, particularly when you’re riding in a public place.
Both hoverboard riders and none riders alike can agree that there are specific rules - formal and informal - that should govern this new gadget.
Here’s how you can get a solid grip on your hoverboard etiquette:
- Know the laws of the land
As surprising as this fact may come, there’s actual legislation which governs the use of hoverboards. And as with many laws, if they are violated, you can be fined.
Why should this fun experience be legislated?
It may have something to do with the occasional hoverboard accident. Some people have landed themselves in the emergency room for their lack of safety gear and others have found themselves in the middle on a fire.
Yes, there are some faulty brands with defective batteries that cause fires. And if you happen to find yourself victim to their pervasive marketing ploys, an explosion may be the result.
For this reason, many countries have even banned the use of hoverboards. They’re either illegal in the entire countries or prohibited in a specific place. For example, many college campuses have banned them.
To remain on the safe side, ensure that you familiarize yourself with the particular rules set for where you reside or where you’re planning on riding.
Hoverboards are ridiculously fun but fun enough to be fined? We don’t think so.
- Be mindful of pedestrians
If your ultimate agenda is to use the hoverboard as a mode of transport, it is particularly important that you’re always aware of your surroundings.
And that includes pedestrians.
There’s no set riding path as it will depend on what the scene is like. Survey your surrounding and stay away from:
- Streets that are loaded with vehicles
- Footpaths that are crowded with people
- Bicycle paths that are very busy
- Any public areas that is heavily trafficked
You’re thinking that this doesn’t leave you with many options but it depends on where you’re riding.
- Gear up
This is the only non-negotiable condition of riding a hoverboard.
Broken bones and bruise aren’t fun, particularly for adults. Whether you’re a pro rider or a newbie, safety wearables are an absolute.
You probably wouldn’t go cycling or skateboarding without the necessary gear so we encourage the same mindfulness when riding your hoverboard. You can go full throttle and cushion yourself from head to toe but a helmet and knee pads will do the trick.
These precautions will not only keep you safe but give you the leeway to experiment and really have fun on your hoverboard.
Because that’s the goal, right?
- Be social with it
There’s no written rule that says you have to make hoverboards a conversation starter but why not?
There’s no better way to strike up a friendship or simply socialize with other like minds than to make this a social experience. Find other riders within your circle or in your neighborhood and go exploring together.
Hoverboard club, anyone?
Some great activities for clubs:
- Hoverboard dance off
- Work out sessions
- “Perfect your hoverboard moves” challenge
- Hoverboard racing
- Hoverboard date
- Hoverboard tug of war
The activities aren’t set in stone. Let your imagination and common sense lead you to the next exciting adventure.
- Have fun with it
I think you’d agree that a grouchy face and a tense stature does not look good on a hoverboard. The more relaxed and open you are to a good time, the more fun you are destined to have.
Some would say that covering yourself in safety gear isn’t cool. We say, don’t take yourself too seriously.
Some say that falling off a self balancing board is embarrassing. We say, get back up and keep moving.
Ride with family and friends or do it on your own, but a good time is guaranteed as long as you leave yourself open to it. You may not have complete control of your board when you just get started but understand that the skill will come naturally.
The biggest joy-kill is apprehension and fear so get the nerves out of your system, roll with it, and have a great time.
5 Mistakes Beginner Adult Hoverboard Riders Make
We agree that a gadget with adventure at it’s centre shouldn’t be at all restrictive.
But here’s the thing - and this goes without saying - if you know what the common mistakes are, you can avoid falling into their traps.
There’s a lot that can be done on the hoverboard but you can really put a damper on your experience with the following blunders:
- Too much too soon
As tempting as it may be to do the absolute most when you just get your hands on your hoverboard, it’s not the best idea.
We’ve seen what a gradual process this is.
Perfectly coordinating your body movements takes time. It would be ideal if you can get the balancing part down first before graduating to more advanced tricks and moves.
Taking the process step by tiny incremental step can only be to your benefit. You will be better able to control your board and minimize the risks of getting hurt.
The manageable pace also gives you better mastery of the bare basics so you have a stronger foundation of skills and moves to build upon.
- Not powering your board to full capacity
The hoverboard is electric and battery-operated.
Where powering your hoverboard is concerned, there are several things that you should be mindful of:
- Ensure that your hoverboard comes with a quality lithium ion battery pack - Earlier we touched briefly on the topic of exploding hoverboards. The unfortunate culprit is the hoverboard’s battery. Boards with certified, top-tier Samsung batteries like what comes in a StreetSaw hoverboard, is what you want to be dealing with.
- Always see to it that your board is fully charged before hopping on - This is particularly relevant if you’re intending on going off road or long distances. It would be unfortunate if your board were to stop right in the middle of you riding it.
- Do not overpower your board - Not enough power and you run the risk of getting stranded. Too much power and you just might shorten the lifespan of your battery. Most hoverboards only need 2-3 hours of charge time to be powered to capacity. Some batteries even have the ability to stop sucking power when that point is reached. However, in the interest of precaution and guaranteed safety, we don’t recommend surpassing the charging time for your specific device.
- Having a bad hoverboard fit
If your hoverboard is ill suited to your needs and to your body, you will most likely have a less than optimal experience.
Three key features to consider in order to have the best fit:
- Weight limit - Whatever hoverboard model that you choose, it will have a specific weight limit. Some can withstand upwards of 200 lbs. The weight limit is geared towards not only ensuring safety but to give the optimal balance. Will your hoverboard stop working if you’re over the limit? No, but the experience will be significantly diminished and the chances of you falling will increase.
- Wheel size - Hoverboards come with wheels of varying sizes. The 6.5 inch, 8 inch, and 10 inch wheels are standard. The size of the wheel that you opt for will depend on what you intend on doing with your hoverboard as well as your weight. Smaller wheels are great for indoors, smooth terrain, and lighter body types. Similarly, large wheels are better suited for heavier persons and uneven terrain.
- Ease of use - First, let’s put it out there that all hoverboards are easy to ride. But the thing is, there are gradations in the learning curve. Some hoverboards may come with features that make it even easier and some may be without these features. It is always a good idea to choose a model that is in keeping with your level of dexterity and skill.
- Not warming up
Yup, hoverboarding is a form of exercise and it could be necessary to do a warm up routine before hopping on.
Stretch your legs, extend your arms, do some jumping jacks - it’s all for the better.
Anything that loosens your body and relieves tension in the muscles will help ease the riding process. The more relaxed you are, the more fun you have, and the less likely you are to cramp up while riding.
- Not trusting your gut
Sounds generic and cliche, but hear this:
If it doesn’t feel right, then it’s probably not right.
This rule of thumb applies to anything on wheels but it is especially important for hoverboard riders.
If you want to mirror a move that you saw in a Youtube video and it feels off in the moment, take a pause and reevaluate your position.
If you’re not yet comfortable with riding in the streets or outdoors, practice indoors until you feel more relaxed.
Simply listening to your body can help you avoid some costly mishaps.
Finding The Right Hoverboard For You
Purchasing anything that costs upwards of $100 can be a frustrating process.
You’re spending more, so you want to ensure that you choose something that is not only well-suited for you, but something that is durable.
Finding the perfect hoverboard is in essence a three prong process:
Step 1: Determine how much you’d like to spend
We know that like most people, you probably have a price point in mind.
Or at least, you have a cap after which you may not feel entirely comfortable spending.
Quality hoverboards can range anywhere from $300 to upwards of $1000. There are also some great brands who may offer a model for just under that $300 mark. If it’s anything less than that, it’s safe to put your guard up and assume that it may just be a knock-off.
You want to avoid counterfeit products like they’re a disease - because they are.
This is an electronic board and any subpar components can lead to you getting severely hurt.
So, setting a reasonable budget is the first step. If you decide upon the lower end of the scale, you likely won’t be able to pack on every feature.
What you can get is a well-construction, perfectly functional, and safe hoverboard that will give you a smooth experience.
Step 2: Select a hoverboard based on your needs
Your budget is set, now what?
Determine exactly what purpose you want your hoverboard to serve.
Indoors or outdoors? Off road or smooth terrain? Recreational or as a mode of transport?
How about a multifunctional hoverboard?
You really have no restrictions where usefulness is concerned. Whatever your needs, you will be able to find a smart board to fulfill those desires.
Simply make a list of the must have features, the deal-breakers, and the “maybe” features. After you’ve met the basics of what you want, you can decide whether your budget can allow for anything extra.
Step 3: Choose a reputable brand
You’ve set your budget and you’ve determined exactly what you want.
Are all hoverboard brands fair game? Certainly not.
The market is littered with counterfeits and defective products. It is up to you to find a brand with a solid reputation and a track record of happy customers. Peruse their websites, examine the reviews, take a close look at the product specs, and then make your ultimate decision.
If a company cannot provide you with that information either on their website or upon inquiry, run in the opposite direction.
The Top Three StreetSaw Hoverboards For Adults
We see this all the time.
People purchase their hoverboards from brands that seem to fall from the sky and no sooner do they regret that decision.
You need to be weary of the companies who give no indication of having operated a trustworthy business.
Sometimes, they’re even the most proliferate hoverboard manufacturers. For that reason, they can afford to sell their hoverboards for $100 while skimping out on the safety standards.
At StreetSaw, we have been proven and validated by thousands of customers that we are one of the most trusted brands.
Here are our top hoverboard picks for adults:
The StabilitySaw is a top notch 10 inch hoverboard.
Due to its larger wheel size, it has great off road capabilities. Gravel, rocks, pebbles, dirt paths - it’s all no match for this beast of a hoverboard. It can also sustain riders of up to 265 pounds.
Other notable features:
- LED lights to illuminate your path and aid visibility while riding
- Bluetooth to sync to your devices and play your favorite tunes
- Inflatable and shock protected tires to navigate any terrain no matter how tough
- Broad spectrum of designs ( Orange flames, Krakken yellow, White graffiti, and Carbon Fiber) to suit any personality
- Top speed of 11.2 mph if you really have a need for speed
- Range of 25 kilometers to go on adventures without having to worry about shutting down
- Maximum slope angle of 30 degrees to navigate inclines and corners with ease.
You can find all the specs here.
As the name suggests, the FutureSaw is a brand new, avante-garde hoverboard model. It comes in both 8 inch and 6.5 inch wheels so you can opt for one that is just right for you.
Crafted with high intensity magnesium aviation alloy and a quality UV case, you can be sure that this is one of the most durable hoverboards that money can buy.
Other notable features:
- LED Safety lights
- Weight limit of up to 285 pounds
- Top speed of 12.5 mph and range of 20 kilometers
Go here for all the specs.
The DailySaw is our best selling hoverboard.
And by no accident.
This electric smart board uses the same brushless motor technology as Tesla Motors.
It’s small, compact, and highly efficient.
Other notable features:
- LED safety lights
- Premium Samsung battery (Here’s why that matters)
- Maximum slope angle of 20 degrees
- Top speed of 10.5 mph and a range of 20 kilometers
You can view the full list of specs here.
Need a useful comparison between our FutureSaw and the DailySaw? Here’s one that we’ve put together for you.
Are these your only options?
Of course not.
At Streetsaw, we have a multiplicity of hoverboard models with a range of wheel sizes and features. In addition to the models featured above, the RockSaw, CoolSaw, and AlienSaw are also excellent options.
Over to you
Can you see it yet?
The image of you gliding away on your hoverboard as your quality of life increases by a tenfold. If you are truly ready to turn that image into a reality, the best models wait for you at StreetSaw.
Take action and make this year the year that you revolutionize the way you move around.