Kids Hoverboard for Sale
Kids hoverboards are one of the best gifts for kids as kids hover boards provide exercise, help develop motor skills as well as endless hours of fun. If you're looking to keep your child active and outdoors, a hoverboard for kids is a perfect gift.
Imagine being able to make your children leap with excitement while giving them the opportunity to grow, learn, and become better versions of themselves.
Because that’s the dream of most parents, right?
If you have little ones, you know that it’s the small things that make the difference with them.
The trip to the park, the bicycle ride, the cup of ice cream…
But if we’re honest, there aren’t many toys or leisurely activities that check both the fun and constructive box.
In fact, most of the seemingly fun options available are downright destructive for our children.
At one point, this was a difficult problem to solve for many parents.
The solutions exist and they’re becoming more and more sophisticated with technology.
The hoverboard for kids is one of these solutions.
What exactly is it? It’s a two-wheeled, self-balancing scooter that serves more functions than you can imagine.
The best part? It makes for a heck of a good time and it’s a very productive piece of tech.
Now to the burning question:
Are Hoverboards Kid Friendly?
They’ve been the hottest selling toys all year round and kids are in total awe of how they operate:
- Self-balancing technology
- Pressure-sensitive footpads
- Motion sensors
- An all-round effortless glide
Simply put, kids love it.
With built-in safety features and with the necessary protective gear, safety is also covered.
The only question left to answer is:
What can a hoverboard do for your child and which one should you get?
This guide will give you the answers and all the information that you need to select a hoverboard for your kid.
Here’s what we’ll dive into:
- Why Getting Your Kid A Hoverboard Is A Genius Idea
- 5 Key Things To Consider When Choosing A Hoverboard For Your Child
- 5 Key Things Not To Do When Selecting A Hoverboard For Your Child
- When Is The Best Time To Get Your Child A Hoverboard?
- The Top StreetSaw Hoverboard Models For Children
Why Getting Your Kid A Hoverboard Is A Genius Idea
We already know that riding a hoverboard is undeniable, good-old fun.
It gives children the avenue to be physical, to release tension, and to simply be kids.
What you don’t know are the real-world, science-backed benefits of riding a hoverboard from a child development standpoint. You will be amazed at the many physical and cognitive advantages of this high-tech board.
Let’s get right to it.
The hoverboard for kids:
Sharpens Cognitive Function
I bet you didn’t know that this cool gadget can actually make your child smarter.
Is this a crazy, unproven claim? Not at all.
Will your child immediately get a 10 point IQ increase? Not exactly.
And that doesn’t matter because that’s not the desired intention.
We know how important it is for children to be capable of making smart choices both in and outside of the classroom.
When a challenging situation arises, you want them to make smart, rational choices, yes?
Well, when a child rides a hoverboard, they’re not just moving their physical bodies, they’re moving their mental muscles.
There are two key things that happen during that process that can sharpen your child’s mental agility:
- As a form of aerobic exercise, hoverboard riding increases the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the brain. Any form of light aerobic exercise gets the heart-thumping which is undeniably beneficial for oxygen-dependent brain functions.
- It requires intense concentration to ride a hoverboard properly. The effect of this extreme level of concentration is to serve as a stimulus for the brain’s sensory processors. The more mentally stimulated a child is on a daily basis, the smarter they are in dealing with challenges.
Boosts Motor Skills and Dexterity
The mind gets a mean workout and so does the body.
When a child’s lower extremities are exercised - hip, knees, thighs, ankles, and feet - their gross motor skills are significantly improved.
And so are all the benefits that come along with that.
What are gross motor skills? They’re in essence the skills that require full movement of the body.
Walking, running, sitting upright, jumping … it’s easy to take these functions for granted when they’re all intact but imagine what your quality of life would be like without them.
For some, it would be a challenge. For others, an outright tragedy.
Here’s how the hoverboard improves these motor skills:
- It helps children to control their balance and coordination by making use of their body movements.
- It helps younger children to understand how their bodies relate and function in the context of the environment that they’re in. That knowledge of the body in relation to the environment develops critical reflexes. Having intelligent and quick reflexes can often make the difference between life and death when children are suddenly placed in an emergency situation.
Develops Athletic Skills that Can be Transferred to Other Sports
Many sporting activities, while different in concept, often require the same physical skills.
In fact, in professional sports training, they call it the Transfer Principle.
Having mastered the skill of hoverboard riding, adopting a similar skill or applying the already learned skill to a different sport becomes decidedly easier.
When used consistently, the hoverboard for kids can develop and refine the following abilities:
- Strong core stability and balance
- Muscular strength particularly in the lower half of the body
- Physical endurance and stamina
- Visual and bilateral coordination skills
- Body awareness
- Motor planning and learning
Are all these skills broadly applicable to every field? All sports and other extracurricular activities require a degree of physical prowess so in essence, yes.
It teaches Patience and Discipline
There’s no more well-received positive discipline for children than hoverboard riding.
It’s no secret that children usually avoid what’s good for them like the plague. And that’s by no fault of theirs.
After all, the good stuff is typically unattractive.
Until now ...
Hoverboards are so fun, children don’t even notice that it’s teaching them the good virtue of patience while refining their discipline.
You see, getting the hang of maintaining perfect balance while hovering through tricky terrain, takes enormous composure and sheer grit.
We think you’d be hard-pressed to find a better teacher of consistency and diligence than mastering a hoverboard. It takes endurance to keep riding, tenacity to keep going every time you fail to master a move, and a refinement of skill to actually perfect a move.
When you finally get it right? That’s what they called delayed gratification and it does wonders for a child’s self-esteem.
It Improves Kids' Overall Health
Just when you thought this two-wheeled scooter couldn’t get any cooler, it’s a health booster too?
That’s right, but here’s another shocker:
When you ride a hoverboard for 30 mins, you can burn 285 calories on average.
What this means is, it can work as a substitute or complement to moderate exercise. As a fun, interactive, and effective workout, you simply can’t go wrong.
Particularly for children, it hits the mark in that it’s not intensive or too strenuous but has all the benefits of a regular aerobic exercise.
Other Benefits of Hoverboards for Kids Include
- Increases concentration and focus
- Encourages independence and creativity
- Builds self-esteem and refines social skills
- Nurtures a goal-setting attitud